Chinese Evangelical Free Church of Ames was previously known as Ames Chinese Christian Fellowship. The ministry was started by a group of brothers and sisters who resided in Ames back in 1971. Through the bible study group, the Word and love of God was spread among many foreign students from many countries. The church alumni are located throughout the United States, Canada, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore and many more countries. The first Planning Committee was formed in 1980. With the formation of this committee, a more organized and structured fellowship was developed. We were then able to provide the brothers and sisters with a systematic bible study method and training. Sunday service and Adult Sunday school were started in 1988 and 1991, respectively. In 1993, the congregation voted to become a church affiliated with Evangelical Free Church of America (EFCA).� In 2010, by God's blessing, we began to worship God in our own building.� For the past years, the church has been very much blessed. Even though there are many brothers and sisters who graduated and left the area, the church attendance has remained steady.
A majority of the congregation is affiliated with Iowa State University. They are mainly students, faculty, staff members and their families. In addition, there are also a number of professionals working in the Ames vicinity. At the moment, we have eighty-one members and with a majority of them from China, Taiwan and Hong Kong.
- Sunday Worship Service: The Sunday service is conducted in Mandarin from 11:00am to 12:30pm every Sunday morning. A children Sunday School program is also provided at the same time so that parents can focus on the service.
- Friday fellowship: There are about one hundred to hundred twenty people attending the Friday and Saturday fellowship every week. The adults would join the individual bible study group and the children would participate in several children class (in children Sunday School format) on Friday. There are eight to twelve bible study groups in the fellowship. Their objectives include 1) to introduce the gospel to non-believer, 2) to build a closer relationship among brothers and sisters, 3) to learn and share the Word, and 4) to become closer to Him, 3) to become Jesus' disciples.
- Adult Sunday School: There are at least three classes every Spring and Fall semester. The purpose of the Adult Sunday School is to facilitate brothers and sisters with the knowledge of the Word. These classes are conducted in the form of lecture. Classes focusing on the growth of young Christian and training on discipleship are the essential classes. Others include the overview of the Old Testament and New Testament.
- Children Program: The church has experienced a significant increase in the number of children. Since the formation of the church, a more structured children program has been developed to accommodate these children of wide range of ages. There are several classes provided for these children during the Friday Fellowship. The mission of the children program is to teach the children about God at young age.
- Prayer meeting: There are several prayer meetings conducted throughout the week. Several groups would meet at campus and one would meet at church. Brothers and sisters would meet to pray for each other's personal well being and for the church ministry.
- Others: There is an evangelical meeting and a revival meeting every year.
- Organization Structure
The deacons and the pastor constitute the deacon board. The deacon board will be making most decisions on behalf of the church. The congregation shall have the final vote on all major decisions.
To work with the pastoral group to accomplish the following goal:
To build up Christian's spiritual life through God's Word; Obey Bible's great command and accomplish Jesus Christ's great mission.� Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. -- Matthew 28:19-20
教会历史 (Church History)
- Category: About Us